Bedroom is the most important part of every home, no matter small or big it is your personal space where you relax and sleep after the long hard day. But sometimes you really feel difficult to get sound sleep in spite of all facilities and willingness to sleep. Here we are with some Vastu Tips for good sleep which is important for your health or stress-free living that supports your success in all areas of life.
Vastu Tips for good sleep and stress free life
According to Vastu Shastra every direction has its own positive energy and impact that get imparted to the various rooms of the house in those directions. Bedroom in different direction is suitable for different people and have different impacts.
Bedroom location for good sleep
- Bedroom in North direction is for young couples and to store valuables, important papers, cash, jewellery etc.
- Bedroom in the East direction is best for unmarried children.
- Bedroom in the South or Southwest direction is ideal location for master bedroom. It should be used by the head of the family. Always try to construct the master bedroom larger than the other rooms and in case of a multistoreyed building, master bedroom should always be on the top floor.
- Bedroom in the West direction is perfect location for student’s bedroom.
- Bedroom in the North West direction is the best for newlywed couples.
- Do not construct bedroom in the Southeast. It is a direction fire which can enhance the hot temperament of those who occupying leads to quarrels between couples and incurs excessive expenditure. Not good for kids also as they can lose their interest in their studies and finds it difficult to get a sound sleep. North East direction is also not advisable to construct bedroom as it is considered as sacred space of the house so ideal for puja room.
Vastu Tips for good sleep
- As we read earlier that Vastu Shastra does not recommend a bedroom in the South East direction but if it is not possible to avoid under any circumstances then keep the bed away from the southeast corner. Always sleep with your head towards the South and feet towards the North to get rid from all ill-effects.
- Attached bathroom is ok in Vaastu Shastra but construct attached bathrooms towards the West or North direction of the bedroom and always keep the door of an attached bathroom closed.
- Paint the bedroom walls with light shades of rose, blue and green for a good sleep. Do not paint bedroom walls with dark colors like black and very bright red color.
- Decorate the bedroom walls with wall hangings or pictures such as pictures of your loved ones that can bring smile in the morning when you wake up. Do not place god idols and aquarium in bedroom as it will attract material loss.
- Use soft and dim lighting in the bedroom to bring the soothing feeling in the room and it must create a light or relaxing environment. Do not place unnecessary electrical appliances in your bedroom. Though Vastu do not recommend TV in bedroom If you to place TV in bedroom then kept it in south-east of bedroom, never be placed in front of bed as it works like a mirror.
- While placing bedroom furniture one can also follow the Vastu guidelines, place heavy objects like beds, cupboards etc, in the South, Southwest or West direction of the room. Never place bed in the centre of the room. Avoid placing bed in corners or under the beam.
- Though Vastu do not recommend mirrors in bedroom as this leads to frequent misunderstandings and but if required then locate mirror preferably along the North East wall of the wall.
- The bedroom door should open at least ninety degrees, to fully allow positive opportunities to flow to you. This is because the door of your bedroom is symbolic of the opportunities life presents you. A door that cannot open fully will limit the support and prospects life has to offer you.
It is good to keep your bedroom clutter free, keep the center space of the bedroom empty. Do not place heavy and unwanted materials like your slippers, old magazines under the bed. A clean and clutter free room is always welcome prosperity and good health. We hope our these Vastu Tips for good sleep and stress free life will help you to get a good sleep and stress free life.